The master's degree Biological Anthropology at University of Barcelona program responds to the growing demand for specialists in the area of human biology and physical anthropology, contributing knowledge and methodologies pertaining to this area of specialization and related areas (e.g., physiology, genetics, zoology, medicine, archaeology).
The program focuses primarily on research and offers students the opportunity both to collaborate with businesses working in this field and to complete their final project in collaboration with outside institutions.
Students are offered two specializations: Physical and Forensic Anthropology, and Molecular Anthropology and Biomedical Applications.
These studies are aimed at people who are interested in the following areas:
- Forensic anthropology and the osteological and molecular techniques used in individual identification;
- Anthropology applied to archaeology, including taphonomy, demographics and the reconstruction of ancient populations;
- Human evolution, primatology and prehistory;
- Molecular anthropology;
- Biomedical applications of human molecular diversity in cytogenetics, complex diseases and genetic epidemiology.
- Statistical Analysis and Presentation of Results
- Human Biodiversity
- Human Biology Laboratories
- Osteology and Forensic Anthropology
- Primatology and Human Evolution
- Genes, Genomes and Population
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have a special interest in developing a broad biological and evolutionary perspective, rather than restricting their understanding to technical aspects of the discipline
- Students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses: An official Spanish degree or, a degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue or, a qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area
International4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 82 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA1620 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.