Applicants for the master's degree in Advanced Medical Skills from University of Barcelona should hold bachelor's degrees or equivalent undergraduate degrees in medicine and surgery and have obtained an official qualification in a medical specialization. This will ensure that students have the necessary basic knowledge at the start of the course. International students must submit certification of their specialization issued in the country of origin. If the qualification has not been officially recognized in Spain, they will not be able to practise in the medical profession.
Skills and competences
- Capacity to work in interdisciplinary teams, collaborate with other researchers, act independently, and interact with and advise other medical specialists.
- Capacity to design, analyse and assess methods and indicators of clinical quality and safety.
- Ability to apply new diagnostic and therapeutic technologies.
- Ability to critically read scientific papers, and to write and present scientific studies.
- Capacity to design and draw up a clinical-biological research project.
- Capacity to identify potential technological advances, and knowledge of the procedures and mechanisms required to transfer these advances to clinical medicine.
- Capacity to develop broad, advanced practical training on diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the selected specialization.
- Capacity to identify, correctly interpret and diagnose in the laboratory complex disorders in the selected specialization.
- Capacity to undertake the main complementary examinations for diseases in the selected specialization.
- Ability to develop, implement and assess new clinical practice guidelines for patients with diseases in the selected specialization.
- Ability to recognize the bioethical and medical-legal principles of research and professional practice related to diseases in the selected specialization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The objective of the master's degree in Advanced Medical Skills at University of Barcelona is to provide specialized health training for medical graduates, to increase their competences in the following areas:
- rare anemias and related conditions;
- regional anatomy-based anesthesia; primary care and community health;
- kidney transplant surgery; cosmetic surgery and medicine;
- acute and perioperative intensive cardiac monitoring;
- diagnostic imaging in rheumatology;
- diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer;
- diagnosis and interventional treatment in coronary heart disease;
- use of advanced abdominal ultrasound in diagnosis and treatment;
- use of ultrasound in perioperative care;
- electrodiagnosis in peripheral neuropathies, motor control and sensory perception disorders;
- clinical electrophysiology and the administration of cardiac stimulants.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Second period: 1 June - 31 August
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 6 other Masters in Public Health in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent undergraduate degree in medicine or medicine and surgery. International students must meet the recognition requirements established in Article 16.2* of Royal Decree 861/2010.
- Candidates must hold an official health specialist qualification (international students' specialist qualifications do not need to be officially recognized), corresponding to the specific advanced medical skill that the candidate has selected. In exceptional circumstances, resident doctors in the final years of their training may be admitted, provided that they will complete the training by the end of the master's degree course.
- Previous experience in the specific advanced medical skill for which the applicant wishes to enroll.
International82 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 82 EUR per credit and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA47 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 47 EUR per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.