The Bioinformatics for Health Science master's programme offered at University of Barcelona will also include training in general interest, cross-disciplinary subjects such as algorithms and programming, data analysis and management, text mining and notions of bioethics and data protection applied to bioinformatics.
- Bioinformatics technician, both in academic research groups and in hospitals and in biotechnology, pharmaceutical and bioinformatics companies and industries.
- The master's degree is the starting point for doing a doctorate in Biomedicine.
- Biotechnology companies in the biomedical field.
- Research companies under contract.
- Research and development of medicines in public research centers.
This master's degree comprises five main areas of study:
- Genome bioinformatics
- Structural bioinformatics
- Computational systems biology
- Pharmaceutical chemoinformatics
- Biomedical computing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 11 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Official undergraduate university degree (or the degree of Bachelor, Engineer, Architect, Diploma, Engineer or Technical Architect or, in the case of foreign degrees, the equivalent degree awarded by an accredited higher education institution The academic fields of the degree must be: biology, medicine, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, engineering, chemistry, physics or mathematics or related fields .
- Academic transcript of official training accredited with the average grade of the home university .
- Curriculum vitae written in English.
- Letter of motivation in English, in which the interest to study the master's degree is expressed, with an extension of between 400 and 600 words.
- Letter of recommendation (professional or academic) signed by someone who really knows the candidate and can evaluate him.
- National identity document or passport .
International5750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5750 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2906 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2906 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.