The master's degree in Advanced Mathematics at University of Barcelona allows students to complete the basic academic education received during undergraduate study and prepares them for a career in research or in a professional context, to reflect the increasing demand for graduates with advanced mathematical skills in a wide variety of emerging sectors. The primary objective of the master's degree in Advanced Mathematics is to provide specialized, high-quality education in different areas of knowledge in mathematics and its applications.
The Advanced Mathematics master's degree program at the University of Barcelona has also been designed to provide students with the tools they will need to perform high-level scientific or professional tasks, such as expertise in and the application of advanced computing methods, the capacity to work in multidisciplinary environments and the capacity to transmit advanced mathematical knowledge, among others.
Recommended applicant profile
Ideally, applicants to this master's degree should hold a bachelor's degree in mathematics or an equivalent qualification, as well as possessing a strong academic record and a particular interest in pursuing a career in university research or affiliated to a research centre, or a career in business or public administration, in sectors that require specialists with a high level of training in mathematics (finance, biomedicine, information and communication technologies, etc.). At the master's degree level, we do not think it necessary to distinguish between these two possible career paths, as the lines that divide them are becoming increasingly blurred and will only continue to do so in the future.Since the degree is taught in English, applicants should also possess a sufficient level of comprehension to be able to follow the course in this language.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Methodology in Mathematics
- Applied Harmonic Analysis
- Complex Analysis in One and Several Variables
- Dynamical Systems
- Functional Analysis and Partial Differential Equations
- Geometrical Methods in Number Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Third period submission of applications: June 1st to June 30th, 2021
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 8 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Official Spanish university degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification issued by an institution outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area
- Applicants to this master's degree should hold a bachelor's degree in mathematics or an equivalent qualification, as well as possessing a strong academic record and a particular interest in pursuing a career in university research or affiliated to a research centre, or a career in business or public administration, in sectors that require specialists with a high level of training in mathematics (finance, biomedicine, information and communication technologies, etc.)
International4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 82 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA2820 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.