Financial Engineering at HEC Montréal University will give you the means to analyze, evaluate and develop tools for dealing with today’s financial challenges.
- Learn how to combine mathematical and computational techniques with financial knowledge to solve financial problems
- Develop the ability to interpret and communicate analysis results to guide decisions in areas like risk management and portfolio management
- Now possible to learn about data science and artificial intelligence: textual data, high-frequency data, statistical learning and filtering unobservable variables
- Learn different programming languages
- Professors renowned in Canada and abroad, in both the academic and business communities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fixed Income Securities
- Derivative Products
- Stochastic Calculus
- Portfolio Management
- Capital Market Theory
- International Portfolio Management
- Simulation Monte Carlo
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance View 74 other Masters in Finance in Canada
- You must hold a university degree recognized by the State giving access to a master’s program at your original university.
- You have obtained, for all years of university, an average of at least 12 out of 20 or the equivalent, depending on the grading system.
International28800 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 CAD per year during 18 months.
National14200 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14200 CAD per year during 18 months.
In-State5800 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5800 CAD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.