The NBI Fund – HEC Montréal provides a group of students with the opportunity to invest 5 million dollars in a multi-asset portfolio (equities, bonds, alternative investments).
At HEC Montréal University we offer a master degree in Finance. This fund is one of the largest investment funds managed by students in Canada. It’s a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience on top of academic training.
- Application of advanced theoretical knowledge, statistical and econometric methods to solve concrete and current problems in finance.
- Acquisition of portfolio management analysis and business diagnosis techniques.
- Utilization of financial concepts (capital markets, financial asset valuation models) and applied mathematics (financial engineering, financial econometrics).
- Development of skills for making recommendations in the field of market finance or corporate finance.
- Research groups and chairs renowned in Canada and abroad
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Undergraduate preparatory courses (3 credits) may be imposed by the Academic Advisor if prior learning does not meet specialization requirements.
- You have one year to take these courses, preferably at the start of your studies. See the structure below for the non-exhaustive list of courses.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance View 74 other Masters in Finance in Canada
- You must hold a university degree recognized by the State giving access to a master’s program at your original university.
- You have obtained, for all years of university, an average of at least 12 out of 20 or the equivalent, depending on the grading system.
International28800 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 CAD per year during 18 months.
National14200 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14200 CAD per year during 18 months.
In-State5800 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5800 CAD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.