While the undergraduate program focuses on developing knowledge and skills through class and laboratory work, graduate education puts increased emphasis on developing students’ independent research abilities.
To complete their coursework requirement, students of the Mechanical Engineering program at Shanghai Jiao Tong University must take a number of courses, while maintaining a minimum GPA. Specifically, students must take the following course.
- At least twenty one approved credit hours of engineering, math, and science at the 4xx level or higher,
- A total of three credit hours of technical communication, Vg 500 Technical Communication, and
- A total of three credit hours of politics.
- The JI Grade Point Average for these courses must be at least 3.1. If a student fails to meet this requirement, he/she must take additional courses. His/her JI Grade Point Average will be evaluated based on the twenty one approved credit hours for which he/she has obtained the highest marks.
- Probabilistic Methods in Engineering
- Microwave Circuits I
- Monolithic Amplifier Circuits
- Physical Principles Underlying Smart Devices
- VLSI Design I
- Principles of Photonics
- Advanced Lasers and Optics Laboratory
- Mobile Applications for Entrepreneurs
- Capstone Design
- Digital Signal Processing and Analysis
- Digital Communication Signals and Systems
- Biomedical Instrumentation and Design
- Control Systems Analysis and Design
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Introduction to Operating Systems
- Data Mining
- Interactive Computer Graphics
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 6 other Masters in Physics in China
- The Joint Institute offers Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in Mechanical Engineering (ME) and Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) related areas. Qualified Bachelor and Master students are encouraged to apply for admission to the graduate program. The admission procedure details the steps required to gain admission to the Joint Institute. Admission at the Joint Institute is not contingent upon the selection of a research adviser.
- Healthy both physically and mentally;
- Outstanding academic performance and potentiality;
- Having obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent for master program applicants.
- The degree must be ready prior to the registration day;
International4095 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4095 USD per year and a duration of 30 months.
National4095 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4095 USD per year and a duration of 30 months.
RMB 28900 per year for Master Programs
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.