With English law recognised internationally as a dominant legal system providing the basis for maritime and trade contracts, and with London as the single most important forum for settling disputes, both through court litigation and arbitration, this course approaches law in relation to how it is applied in practice.
Students with a prior degree in Law may continue their studies to the degree of LLM in International Maritime Law. The LLM is offered in collaboration between Lloyd’s Maritime Academy and the World Maritime University.
This International Maritime Law programme offered by the World Maritime University is great for those who wish to acquire expertise in international trade and maritime / shipping law.
The programme has been specifically designed for students from a wide variety of commercial shipping backgrounds, both legal and non-legal, including existing lawyers; those engaged in the shipping and trading industries; trading brokers; shipping/chartering organisations; salvage organisations; P&I Clubs; insurance; and those engaged in investment, finance and banking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English Commercial Law and International Sales
- Bills of Lading Contracts
- Charterparty Contracts
- Marine Insurance Law
- Admiralty Law and General Average
- Payment and Finance for International Trade
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field, or the highest grade Certificate of Competency for unrestricted service as a master mariner or chief engineer
- Non-graduates with approved professional qualifications or who have sufficient professional experience may also be considered
International8362 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11150 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
EU/EEA8362 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11150 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
- Apply before 19th June and save £400 on the PGDip course fees and £800 on the LLM.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.