The Master of Arts in Theoretical and Applied Linguistics is offered at the University of Cyprus is primarily designed for those interested in the scientific investigation of language and has the following main objectives:
- to offer students a solid background and deepen their knowledge in the main areas of English grammar and the structure of language;
- to enable students to become acquainted with different areas of the field (such as syntax, semantics, phonology, applied linguistics, etc.);
- to engage students in research in the field, and consequently get students interested in furthering their studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Trends in Applied Linguistics
- Principles of Linguistic Analysis
- First and Second Language Acquisition
- Topics in Linguistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 6 other Masters in Language Studies in Cyprus
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
MA programme applicants must include the following documents with their online application
- Completed online application form (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Official copy of their Bachelor's degree as well as a certified transcript of courses taken
- during their course of study
- Two samples of academic writing (in English)
- At least two recommendation letters from academic staff (in English)
- Statement of purpose (l -2 pages; in English)
International2562 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5125 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2562 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5125 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.