The Advanced master Technology for Integrated Water Management is aimed at students and professionals who already possess an initial master’s degree.
The objective of the Advanced Master Water Sustainability - Integrating Technology and Nature-based Solutions programme of the University of Antwerp is to educate specialists in water technology and nature-based solutions with thorough understanding of integrated water management, the latest developments in the water sector and challenging global water issues. It is organised by the University of Antwerp, in collaboration with the Antwerp Maritime Academy as well as other higher education institutes, research institutes and companies in Belgium.
- The Technology for Integrated Water Management master at University of Antwerp has advanced scientific understanding and technological knowledge in water technology and in integrated water management.
- The master has in-depth knowledge of new technologies for water use and reuse based on an integrated water resources management approach.
- The master has the knowledge and skills to select and apply relevant tools for collecting, interpreting and assessing (qualitative and quantitative) information from a variety of relevant sources on water technology and integrated water management
- The master has the ability to assess the quality and relevance of studies performed by others.
- The master has the skills to take an active part in evaluation work him-/herself.
- The master has the ability to formulate integrated proposals as a contribution to the solution and prevention of water related problems.
- The master has the skill to critically analyse policy plans, management proposals and measures for implementation and to contribute to their set up.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global water problems and integrated water management
- Integrated assessment of water and sediment quality
- Advanced water treatment technology
- Groundwater management & remediation
- Nature-based solutions
- River morphology & hydrodynamics
- Freshwater ecosystem functioning
- Sediments: sustainable building blocks
- Water and shipping
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management General Engineering & Technology View 16 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must have a master’s degree in the field of:
- Applied Sciences
- Applied Biological Sciences
- Nautical Sciences
Other masters: only after approval of the application file from which appear previously acquired and proven competences in one of the above mentioned study areas.
- The working language of Think Water is English. To assure active participation, a good command of English in all aspects (written, spoken, and comprehension) is a prerequisite.
International2950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2950 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2950 EUR per year during 12 months.
The tuition fee depends in most cases on the number of credits within your selected study programme.
Living costs for Antwerpen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.