Rooted in the renowned research strengths of the Department of Informatics, this Advanced Computing MSc at King's College London enables you to study a wide variety of topics in advanced computing while allowing you to specialise through your choice of modules.
- Located in central London, giving access to major libraries and leading scientific societies, including the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- You will learn advanced practical techniques and implementation skills for solving complex computational problems.
- You will develop critical awareness and appreciation of the changing role of computing in society and motivating you to pursue further professional development and research.
- Frequent access to speakers of international repute through seminars and external lectures, enabling you to keep abreast of emerging knowledge in advanced computing and related fields.
- The Department of Informatics has a reputation for delivering research-led teaching and project supervision from leading experts in their field.
Our graduates have progressed to have very successful careers in general software consultancy companies, in specialised software development companies and IT departments of large institutions (financial, telecommunications and public sector). Their jobs involve specialist programming and problem-solving as well more conventional software development, maintenance and project management roles.Some of our graduates have chosen to pursue academic and industrial research in software engineering, bio-informatics, algorithms and computer networks
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Nature-Inspired Learning Algorithms
- Pattern Recognition, Neural Networks & Deep Learning
- Network Theory
- Model Driven Development
- Security Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 591 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- Bachelors degree with 2:1 honours degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, or a joint degree in two such subjects. Competence in a high level programming language such as Pascal, C, C++, Java, etc, to the level expected at the end of the first year of a BSc honours degree in computer science. We may lower entry qualifications for students with substantial relevant work experience.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
International26550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9990 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9990 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.