As a student in the Infant and Early Child Mental Health program at Seneca College you will study infant and children’s mental health, family dynamics, community mental health, therapeutic approaches and crisis intervention. You will also acquire the skills, knowledge and judgment to make a positive contribution to the positive mental health of infants, children and families.
There is a robust body of research and literature on early childhood development, including early mental health. A certificate in infant mental health will increase your knowledge and skills to work with vulnerable young children and their families.
Throughout this program you will develop the following skills:
- Practical applications of current research
- Understanding of risk and protective factors
- Early intervention applications
When you graduate from this program, these are the types of employers waiting for you:
- Child protection agencies
- Early intervention
- Children’s mental health
- Child welfare
- Infant development
- Family support
- Settlement programs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
- Dynamics of the Family
- Integrating Attachment and Brain Development
- Human Development
- Communications and Counselling with Families
- Understanding and Responding to the Challenging Behaviour of Young Children
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Early Childhood Education View 141 other Masters in Education in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Ontario university or college degree or three-year college diploma or equivalent
- Applicants with a two-year college diploma and at least six months of full-time work experience in early childhood development or a related field may be considered for admission. A relevant resumé and references must be provided.
- English proficiency for graduate certificates
After admission, but before beginning classes, you must obtain:
- current immunization report and report of chest x–ray or tuberculin skin test
- valid Standard First Aid with CPR C certificate (two-day course)
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15133 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15133 CAD per year during 8 months.
National4973 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4973 CAD per year during 8 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.