Industrial Ecology is an emerging scientific discipline that takes a systemic approach to sustainability problems. An interdisciplinary approach, integrating an engineering, environmental and social science perspective is essential for sustainable development.
The Industrial Ecology MSc programme is a co-operation between Leiden University and Delft University of Technology. Both universities are at the forefront of the field of Industrial Ecology.
Why study Industrial Ecology at Leiden University?
- You will learn concepts, methods and tools to help you identify, design and critically evaluate sustainability solutions and their implementation.
- We offer an international multidisciplinary environment, where all students bring their own specific bachelor knowledge and cultural background. We believe that this multidisciplinary approach is the best way to move forward.
- Collaboration with third parties, such as national or international partner universities, NGOs, industrial partners, or government institutes is encouraged and facilitated.
- You will be inspired by professors from two world-class universities, who are at the forefront of the field of Industrial Ecology.
- With a joint-degree diploma in Industrial Ecology you are well prepared for broad array of career prospects in business, industry and government, as well as non-governmental organisations, universities and research institutes.
- Industrial Ecology graduates find employment opportunities throughout business, industry, and government, as well as in non-governmental organisations, universities and research institutes. They operate as mediators, system designers, innovators and scientific researchers.
- They are primarily engaged in activities designed to encourage people at all levels of society to consider adopting sustainable practices and to initiate change in existing patterns of production and consumption. Graduates of the programme typically secure suitable employment quickly after graduations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Modules
- Interdisciplinary Project Group
- Specialisation Modules
- Thesis Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Ecology View 19 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
If you have a bachelor’s degree in any of the Natural Sciences, Engineering Sciences, or Social Sciences from a foreign research university with a level similar to Dutch universities, you are eligible to apply under the condition that you have
- demonstrable affinity with multi- or interdisciplinary education and/or research, and
- demonstrable interest in the field of sustainability, and
- passed one or multiple courses that included a minimum of 6 EC of mathematics and/or statistics.
International19100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19100 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Second Dutch master’s programme: €14,700 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.