Through a well-balanced combination of theory and practice, students in this Construction Management program from American University in Dubai are able to combine their research-based graduate studies with first-hand practical experience, in the construction of infrastructure, energy, oil and gas, industrial, commercial, and residential facilities.
The curriculum provides a unique integration of global and regional perspectives, emphasizing the role of technology, technical communication, and research in the construction management profession.
Taught by a world-class faculty of professors with doctoral degrees in engineering, business and law, the 30-credit hour program can be completed in one year (full time) or two years (part time), with a combination of technical and management courses.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Construction Management (M.S.C.M.), graduates will be able to:
- Advance their professional careers while staying technically current in the field of construction management or related disciplines;
- Demonstrate social and ethical responsibility by adhering to the principles of sustainability, safety, and cultural diversity in the workplace
- Articulate professional challenges, perspectives, and decisions through technical communication
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Construction Management (M.S.C.M.), students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge in the core areas of planning, scheduling, estimating, and construction equipment and methods
- Differentiate between different project delivery methods and contract types, in relation to construction laws and regulations
- Use decision analysis tools and computer applications to reach informed decisions in construction projects
- Communicate technical information effectively in written, oral, and graphical formats
- Explain the professional and ethical obligations governing the construction management profession
- Demonstrate knowledge in current issues and modern trends in construction management research and practice.
- Construction Scheduling
- Decision Management
- Construction Estimating
- Equipment and Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction Management, Organisation & Leadership View 28 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Arab Emirates
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a closely related discipline, from an accredited national or regional institutional body, achieving a 3.00 GPA or better in undergraduate study.
- Candidates who have a minimum of three years of work experience will be given preference for admission. However, the nature, scope, length, breadth, variety and significance of the work experience will also be considered in the preference ranking of candidates.
- For students whom do not have a background in Engineering, Architecture or a closely-related discipline, undergraduate transcripts will be evaluated to determine whether undergraduate prerequisite courses or a placement examination is required.
International15210 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1014 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National15210 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1014 EUR per credit during 24 months.
AED 4,200 per credit
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.