Breeding research integrates areas such as quantitative and molecular genetics, biotechnology, and breeding informatics. It has close links to neighboring fields like animal and plant nutrition, animal health, and crop protection, but also marketing, economics, and ethics.
Highly specialized experts in this field are required worldwide and have excellent career opportunities in both academia and industry.
The curriculum of the newly implemented specialization Integrated Plant and Animal Breeding (iPAB) at University of Göttingen, covers all relevant disciplines of breeding research. Newly developed modules provide profoundly interdisciplinary approach to teaching, thus bridging the gap between animal and plant breeding. You will gain comprehensive knowledge in a wide range of methods and fields of application.
The coursework is supplemented by external lecturers from leading international breeding companies, research institutions, and national authorities. The study program also comprises research-intensive internships in industry and public research institutes, bringing you in direct contact with potential employers.
iPAB prepares you for an international career in the breeding sector- Plant breeding companies
- Animal breeding companies
- Breeding associations
- Public and private research centers
- Governmental agencies
- International organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative genetics and population genetics
- Breeding schemes and programs in plant and animal breeding
- Statistical genetics, breeding informatics and experimental design
- Biotechnology and molecular genetics in plant and animal breeding
- Selection theory, design and optimisation of breeding programs
- Breeding Informatics
- Legal issues in plant and animal breeding
- Poultry breeding and genetics
- Biotechnology and forest genetics
- Genetic resources
- Seed Marketing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgriculture Plant & Crop Sciences View 9 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you are from a Non-EU or Non EWR country you can only apply with a completed BSc
- If you are from an EU or EWR country and haven't completed your BSc degree by the application deadline you need at least 150 ECTS credits from your study program which have to be proven by a transcript of records
- Online Application
- Reference letters
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Semester contribution fee: 355 euro
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.