You will do an integrated research project that culminates in the submission of a thesis and demonstrates the capacity for critical analysis and original research.
JCU research areas include:
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Mobile computing
- Semantic technologies
This is a two year full-time Information Technology program from James Cook University offered both on and off campus.
Graduates of a Masters Degree (Research) will have:
- A body of knowledge that includes the understanding of recent developments in one or more disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to the field of work or learning.
- Cognitive skills to demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge and to reflect critically on theory and its application
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to different bodies of knowledge or practice
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas and concepts at an abstract level
- Cognitive and technical skills to design, use and evaluate research and research methods
- Communication and technical skills to present a coherent and sustained argument and to disseminate research results to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Technical and communication skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse, theorise and disseminate research that makes a contribution to knowledge.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Planning the Research: Masters Candidates
- Situating the Research: Masters Candidates
- Master of Philosophy Research Thesis (Information Technology)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 118 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Australia
CRICOS code: 081358K
- All applicants must normally demonstrate academic capacity at a satisfactory level (Grade Point Average of Credit or equivalent) in their final year of coursework study that was used as part of the basis for admission.
- If the proposed research involves working with children under 18 years of age, the applicant must be eligible to hold a ‘Positive Notice for Child Related Employment’ (Blue Card), as required by law and the University’s ethics approval process.
International34500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34500 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?