Make a new contribution to knowledge or evaluate existing material in a new light with an MPhil research project. Complete your project with the production of a research thesis.
Gain the skills to take on theoretical and practical approaches to problems and innovate with a broad range of potential applications. Develop yourself professionally within your chosen sector or apply your research, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to new contexts.
- Graduates of the Information Technology MPhil program from James Cook University are internationally recognised as experts who discover valuable new knowledge in their fields.
- The skills you develop during your MPhil will enable you to develop yourself professionally within your existing sector, or to apply your research, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to new contexts. Graduates can also continue their independent research in a Doctor of Philosophy.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Planning the Research: Masters Candidates
- Situating the Research: Masters Candidates
- Master of Philosophy Research Thesis (Information Technology)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Students can commence research studies at any time throughout the year
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 120 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 081358K
- To be eligible to apply for entry to a Research Masters degree an applicant must demonstrate the capacity to undertake research at the Research Masters level by the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree with either a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 5.5 in the final full time year of study, or with demonstrated research experience.
International34960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34960 AUD per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 24 months.
JCU will cover the costs of tuition fees for Australian citizens/permanent residents and New Zealand citizens.
Living costs for Townsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.