If you are a graduate with a Mathematics degree at the University of Waikato, or even with a strong Mathematical component to your degree, you will be a valuable person in today's workforce, with a qualification that appeals to a wide range of employers including banks, insurance companies, schools and government departments.
There is strong employer demand for Mathematicians, due to a shortage of Mathematics graduates and in particular a critical shortage of Mathematics teachers.
Studying Mathematics in combination with another subject means you can work in a number of different fields, such as Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Earth Sciences, Economics, Finance, Engineering (Chemical and Biological Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials and Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering), Physics, Electronics, Banking and Meteorology.
Capable students should consider the flexible double major options in Mathematics and Computer Science, or Mathematics and Data Analytics.
Facilities at Waikato
The computing facilities at the University of Waikato are among the best in New Zealand, and you will have 24 hour access to computer labs equipped with all the latest computer software.
- Data Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- IT or Computing Analyst
- Mathematical Modeller
- Research Scientist
- Secondary School Teacher
- Applied Computational Methods
- Metric Spaces
- Semigroups and Universal Algebra
- Continuous Groups
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 - 180
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science Software Engineering View 25 other Masters in Software Engineering in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International25862 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25862 USD per year during 12 months.
National5101 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5101 USD per year during 12 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,098-$8,505 per year
- Fees (International): $35,980 (120 pts) or $53,970 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.