If music is your passion, then Waikato has a programme of study to suit. We teach Western Classical Music – from Baroque to contemporary, through performance, composition and musical scholarship. If you're inclined to the modern, we offer papers in sonic art and new technologies.
Our staff are highly qualified professionals, active nationally and internationally as composers, performers and musicologists. Music is their passion too, and our common aim is to help you develop the technique and understanding you'll need to reach your full musical potential.
The Master of Music at the University of Waikato is a one-year research-based degree in which candidates undertake a programme of supervised research which critically investigates a topic of substance and significance.
- Digital Media Producer
- Film Music Composer or Producer
- Recording Artist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Philosophy is a one year research-based degree in which students undertake a programme of approved and supervised research that leads to a thesis which critically investigates an approved topic of substance and significance, demonstrates expertise in the methods of research and scholarship, displays intellectual independence and makes a substantial original contribution to the subject area concerned, and is of publishable quality.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International20607 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20607 USD per year during 12 months.
National4550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4550 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: $6,332-$6,763 per year
- International: $28,675 - $37,710 per year
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.