Everyone needs to know the law, not just lawyers. The Rule of Law is the cornerstone of the civilised society. It defines rights and obligations and provides structure to institutions of government and commerce. As an individual it governs all aspects of our lives, shapes our behaviour and provides the building blocks for our community. Law underpins many professions - business people, financial consultants, police officers, forensic scientists, parole officers, policy advisors and many other professions all need an understanding of the law.
By choosing to study Law at the University of Waikato you have the choice of an LLB degree or majoring in Law as part of a Bachelor of Arts. Gain the skills and knowledge that meet the high demands of a wide range of careers, both inside and outside the legal profession.
- Solicitor - LLB
- Barrister - LLB
- Judge - LLB
- Policy Analyst & Advisor
- Mediator and/or Negotiator
- Legal Researcher
- Board Member for Iwi or other organisations
- Local government advocacy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Philosophy is a one year research-based degree in which students undertake a programme of approved and supervised research that leads to a thesis which critically investigates an approved topic of substance and significance, demonstrates expertise in the methods of research and scholarship, displays intellectual independence and makes a substantial original contribution to the subject area concerned, and is of publishable quality.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Civil & Private Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 6 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International20607 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20607 USD per year during 12 months.
National4550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4550 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: $6,332-$6,763 per year
- International: $28,675 - $37,710 per year
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.