As one of the country's fastest growing industries, health and sport now contributes over $12 Billion dollars per year to New Zealand. Study in Health, Sport and Human Performance at the University of Waikato will reward you with exciting career opportunities and the chance to help improve the physical, social and mental well-being of others.
Our facilities boast the latest equipment in sport science specialisations, namely The University of Waikato Sports Laboratory at the Avantidrome and The University of Waikato Adams Centre for High Performance, in Tauranga. Both are equipped with cutting-edge facilities to test athlete performance, exercise and recovery, including an environmental chamber for altitude training.
- Applied Sports Scientist
- Community Sport Adviser
- Events Manager
- Health and Physical Education Teacher
- Personal Trainer
- Sports Coach
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Hauora, Health and Wellbeing
- Dance, Movement and Culture
- Human Performance Science
- Foundations of Health, Sport and Human Performance
- The Fundamentals of Coaching and Instruction
- Social Psychology, Health and Well-being
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 100 other Masters in Health Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International20584 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20584 USD per year during 12 months.
National4545 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4545 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: $6,332-$6,763 per year
- International: $28,675 - $37,710 per year
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.