Why to study
Engineering professionals are solving the world's problems and leading the way in innovation by improving infrastructure, building smarter technologies and finding alternative energy sources.
New Zealand needs more professional engineers working in the economy. Currently, fewer than 1,000 professional engineers graduate each year. Countries with similar populations to New Zealand have more than double that number of engineering graduates.
As a trained engineer at the University of Waikato, you will be in-demand and essential for New Zealand’s growth in technology-related enterprises. Our close links with the New Zealand industry ensures you will be work-ready and able to apply your engineering skills and scientific knowledge to solve real-world, industrial and societal problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Philosophy is a one year research-based degree in which students undertake a programme of approved and supervised research that leads to a thesis which critically investigates an approved topic of substance and significance, demonstrates expertise in the methods of research and scholarship, displays intellectual independence and makes a substantial original contribution to the subject area concerned, and is of publishable quality.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International20643 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20643 USD per year during 12 months.
National4558 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4558 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: $6,332-$6,763 per year
- International: $28,675 - $37,710 per year
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.