Strategy is at the top level of management. It considers the 'total enterprise' to ensure all of an organisation's resources are being managed effectively as a cohesive unit.
In the Strategic Management subject at the University of Waikato, you'll learn how to think critically about a company's situation and devise strategies to improve future performance. You'll develop an eye for emerging threats and opportunities, such as new competitors or changing consumer trends, and keeping pace with legislative or market changes.
You'll also analyse practical case studies about real-world companies to help you to develop your analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills, which are in high demand with employers.
- Managing director / CEO
- Management consultant
- Business development manager
- Business analyst / consultant
- Business manager
- General manager
- New venture consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategy and Organisational Theory
- Strategic Innovation
- Entrepreneurship, Theory and Practice
- Strategies for Sustainability
- Strategic Management Dissertation
- Strategic Management Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management View 46 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International22212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22212 USD per year during 12 months.
National5749 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5749 USD per year during 12 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,986 - $11,979 per year
- Fees (International): $30,855 (120 points); $46,285 (180 points)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.