Political Science programme at the University of Waikato will ask you why some crises lead to armed conflict while others resolve peacefully - why democracy thrives in some countries while it dies in others. We challenge you to learn lessons from international politics and to consider political solutions to international crises. We push you to consider tough questions like those involving equality and freedom - must one be sacrificed for the other to flourish?
Political Science is a highly flexible programme and will give you job opportunities from local to national government, media, education, industry, business, labour organisations and social services. We also offer a specialisation in International Relations and Security Studies which further allows you to investigate relevant contemporary events.
Political Science at Waikato not only gives you a well-rounded perspective on political issues but also provides a versatile base of knowledge and skills to enter many fields.
- Central and Local Government Officer
- Foreign Affairs and Trade Worker
- M?ori Development Policy Adviser
- Media Analyst
- Policy Analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Security Issues in South East Asia
- International Relations and Global Security
- Cyber Security and Cyber Warfare
- Policy Analysis: Theory and Practice
- Environmental Politics and Public Policy
- Directed Study
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Political Science View 18 other Masters in Political Science in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required. Some faculties/schools require an honours degree (to demonstrate research capacity). Where the above requirements are not met, further study in a lower level programme may be required first.
International22814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22814 USD per year during 10 months.
National5560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5560 USD per year during 10 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,705-$8,505 per year
- Fees (International): $31,615-$35,980 (120 pts) or $47,425-$53,970 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.