The study of Philosophy at the University of Waikato involves tackling ethical and science-related issues, logic problems and debates about the nature of reality. It asks fundamental questions about what it means to be human, at this time and in this place. Questions such as: what is truth; what is reality; what is the mind; and what is good?
Employers understand the value of graduates who can think, and decide, for themselves. Waikato Philosophy graduates have the practical and analytical skills needed for careers within the public and private, health, business, environmental, publishing, information technology and education sectors, among others.
- Business Consultant
- Environmental Consultant
- Health Policy Adviser
- Policy Analyst
- Public Relations Practitioner
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Moral and Political Philosophy
- The Philosophy of Mind
- Special Topic: Virtue Ethics
- Foundations of Philosophical Research
- Directed Study
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Cognitive Sciences View 15 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required. Some faculties/schools require an honours degree (to demonstrate research capacity). Where the above requirements are not met, further study in a lower level programme may be required first.
International22814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22814 USD per year during 11 months.
National5560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5560 USD per year during 11 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,705-$8,505 per year
- Fees (International): $31,615-$35,980 (120 pts) or $47,425-$53,970 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.