If you are a graduate with a Mathematics degree at the University of Waikato, or even with a strong Mathematical component to your degree, you will be a valuable person in today's workforce, with a qualification that appeals to a wide range of employers including banks, insurance companies, schools and government departments.
There is strong employer demand for Mathematicians, due to a shortage of Mathematics graduates and in particular a critical shortage of Mathematics teachers.
Studying Mathematics in combination with another subject means you can work in a number of different fields, such as Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Earth Sciences, Economics, Finance, Engineering (Chemical and Biological Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials and Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering), Physics, Electronics, Banking and Meteorology.
- Data Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- IT or Computing Analyst
- Mathematical Modeller
- Research Scientist
- Secondary School Teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Computational Methods
- Finite Groups
- Semigroups and Universal Algebra
- Continuous Groups
- Stochastic Differential Equations with Applications to Finance
- Classical Partial Differential Equations
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 5 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required. Some faculties/schools require an honours degree (to demonstrate research capacity). Where the above requirements are not met, further study in a lower level programme may be required first.
International22814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22814 USD per year during 11 months.
National5560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5560 USD per year during 11 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,705-$8,505 per year
- Fees (International): $31,615-$35,980 (120 pts) or $47,425-$53,970 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.