At Biology program at The Chinese University of Hong Kong our goal to promote the advancement of teaching and research in this multifaceted science and to contribute to our understanding of the events of life. We have been generating and transferring knowledge in biological sciences, cultivating future biologists and training all-round citizens for our society.
With our comprehensive curriculum and broad training encompassing a variety of fields within the biological sciences, our graduates are well-prepared for various careers including appointment as teachers, principals or professors within the local or overseas education sector, and as research, technical or administrative staff in tertiary institutions, the government and business sectors.
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Animal, Plant and Microbial Biotechnology
- Physiology and Developmental Biology
- Marine and Environmental Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Clearing Round: 31 March (Applications in Clearing Round will only be considered subject to availability of places.)
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Biochemistry View 11 other Masters in Biochemistry in Hong Kong (SAR)
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
- English Proficiency
International5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 12 months.
National5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 12 months.
HK$42,100 per annum regardless of the study mode
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.