Biochemistry program at The Chinese University of Hong Kong helps students understand the core knowledge in biochemistry covering biomolecules, molecular biology, cellular biochemistry, metabolism, bioinformatics, proteins and enzymes and have the opportunity to specialize in a selected area of biochemistry.
Graduates of the Biochemistry program at The Chinese University of Hong Kong will:
- Gain the knowledge of the latest biochemical technology in proteins, cell biology and, molecular biology.
- Possess skills in designing experiments to test hypothesis, writing research report, applying their knowledge to daily life and developing self-learning capability.
- Become all-round competent including the capability to work in a team.
- Think critically and analytically.
- Commit to ethical professionalism.
- Cancer, Cell Biology, Immunology and Microbiology
- Protein Science and Molecular Biology
- Neurosciences and Endocrinology
- Food Sciences and Chinese Medicine
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Biochemistry View 10 other Masters in Chemistry in Hong Kong (SAR)
- Should have a degree in Biochemistry. Biology, Chemistry or related fields from a recognized university.
- All applicants must also fulfill the "English Language Proficiency Requirement" as stipulated by the Graduate School before being considered for admission.
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
International5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 12 months.
National5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 12 months.
HK$42,100 per annum regardless of the study mode
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.