Chemical Pathology programme at The Chinese University of Hong Kong is well equipped with state-of-the-art research equipment, including next-generation sequencers, digital polymerase chain reaction platforms, flow cytometers, as well as bioinformatics and stem cell research facilities. The Department has a world-leading programme in plasma DNA-based molecular diagnostics, especially for non-invasive prenatal testing and cancer detection.
Students at Chemical Pathology programme at The Chinese University of Hong Kong will:
- get a series of investigations with original study design, experimentation and data interpretation.
- participate in one international conference during the course of study.
- be required to submit a written research thesis and pass an oral examination for graduation.
- Plasma Nucleic Acids and Molecular Medicine
- Diagnostic Applications of Next-generation DNA Sequencing
- Allergic Diseases
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Stem Cell and Regeneration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Clearing Round: 31 March (Applications in Clearing Round will only be considered subject to availability of places.)
DisciplinesChemistry Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 6 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Hong Kong (SAR)
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
- English Proficiency
International5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 12 months.
National5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 12 months.
HK$42,100 per annum
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.