Each MPhil student of the Systems Engineering and Engineering Management course offered at The Chinese University of Hong Kong is required to complete at least 4 graduate courses with a total of 12 units, and must register for the relevant thesis research course in every term throughout his/her study period.
Each MPhil student is required to submit a thesis and pass the oral defence of the thesis for graduation.
PhD Stream Pre-candidacy
Each PhD student is required to complete at least 4 graduate courses with a total of 12 units during the pre-candidacy stage, including at least 1 faculty core course, and must register for the relevant Thesis Research Course in every term throughout his/her study period.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Decision Support Systems / Management Information Systems
- Financial Engineering
- Machine Intelligence and Applications
- Resource Planning and Management
- Information Systems / Database Systems
- Management of Information Technology
- Engineering Management
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 26 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In addition to the general requirements of the Graduate School, applicants should normally hold an honours Bachelor's degree in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, or a related area.
- Applicants are required to submit a research proposal with a list of projects (if any) and publications (if any).
- Selection by interview. Interview will start much earlier than the application deadline.
International5425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5425 USD per year during 36 months.
National5425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5425 USD per year during 36 months.
- 42,100 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.