Postgraduate scholars seeking to develop a research competence in this field will also find this degree a valuable foundation.It offers students a combination of core courses on special operations alongside electives addressing broader issues in strategy and security. This dual approach provides both a focused view of special operations and an understanding of their context.
Why choose this Special Operations and Irregular Warfare degree from University of New South Wales?
This is the only degree of its kind in Australia, and it is developed by Special Operations Command personnel in conjunction with UNSW academics.
Who should choose this degree?
This degree is ideal for special operations and other military personnel seeking to broaden their understanding of special operations beyond the tactical and operational skills and capabilities involved. It also provides an excellent framework for other government employees and contractors who require a good understanding of special operations.
- Defence and security professionals
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Practice
- Genocide: Perception and Intervention
- The Development of the Art of War: A Survey
- The Vietnam Wars: A Thirty Year Conflict
- Civil Wars: Societies in Conflict
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to submit your completed application as early as possible to ensure it will be processed in time for your preferred term.
DisciplinesHistory Terrorism & Security View 12 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G
- You may be asked to provide evidence of your English proficiency to study at UNSW depending on your educational background and citizenship. English language skills are vitally important for coping with lectures, tutorials, assignments and examinations and this is why UNSW requires a minimum English language competency for enrolment.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you will be given an offer to study at UNSW.
International39120 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39120 AUD per year during 12 months.
National29280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29280 AUD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.