Early Childhood Education program at The Chinese University of Hong Kong helps students develop an in-depth understanding of the literature of whole child development and how it applies to early childhood education in Hong Kong and elsewhere and understand the types of leadership necessary for principals, mid-level leaders, teachers and other educators to lead pre-schools successfully towards improved student development and learning outcomes.
Students at Early Childhood Education program at The Chinese University of Hong Kong will:
- develop knowledge-sharing and professional learning networks;
- critically review the issues involved in the reform of as well as policies and practices related to early childhood education; and
- become proactive in facilitating school-based curriculum and teaching reforms and institutional improvement.
- Curriculum Development and Assessment in Early Childhood Education
- Educational Leadership and Management in Early Childhood Education
- Comparative Education and Current Issues in Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Development from Birth to Eight Years of Age
- Signs, Activities and the Development of Mind in Early Childhood
- Guided Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Education/Certificate in Kindergarten Education or its equivalent;
- be serving as pre-school principals, supervisors, teachers, school development consultants, or government officials. Applicants with no relevant professional experience, but who have taken specialized courses in equivalent programmes offered by recognized institutions, may also apply; and
- pass an entrance examinations or interview conducted by the Graduate Division of Education.a
International16051 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16051 USD per year during 12 months.
National16051 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16051 USD per year during 12 months.
- Full-time programme: HK$126,000
- Part-time programme: HK$120,000
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.