At Finance at The Chinese University of Hong Kong the faculty members in the department published widely in top finance journals such as Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics and Review of Financial Studies and top economic journals such as American Economic Review, Journal of Political Economy and Review of Economic Studies.
Students at Finance at The Chinese University of Hong Kong will:
- engage in productive and original research in the broad area of finance in leading research universities.
- study derivative assets and markets. Specific research topics include the pricing and investment of derivatives on underlying assets such as equity, commodity, currency, etc., and the hedging of institutions and corporations with derivative products.
- cover the instruments traded in the financial markets, the analysis of money and capital markets, and economic and environmental problems related to acquisitions and the use of funds by financial institutions. Specific research studies include the collateralized debt obligation market, bank advertising and the marketing of products and services.
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Advanced Financial Management
- Investment and Portfolio Analysis
- Derivatives Markets
- Economics for Finance Practice
- Capital Markets
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Clearing Round: 31 March (Applications in Clearing Round will only be considered subject to availability of places.)
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 47 other Masters in Finance in Hong Kong (SAR)
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
- English Proficiency
International5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 12 months.
National5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 12 months.
HK$42,100 per annum
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.