The Urban Design program from Seoul National University combines courses from the College of Engineering’s majors in architecture; civil, urban, and geosystem engineering; agriculture and life sciences; landscape architecture; and the graduate school of the environment. It educates students to solve problems and improve life in urban environments.
Using the information provided by the various majors, the Program in Urban Design helps students to improve their comprehensive thinking and negotiating skills, and prepare to address complex urban environmental problems.
This program combines the areas of architectural design and urban landscape planning, with a focus on managing and developing actual cities and the necessary planning and design techniques and policies. Research areas include urban redevelopment and housing development techniques, environmentally friendly urban design techniques, and new town planning and design techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core subjects include design studios and seminars, where students gain knowledge and learn methods of applying it.
- Courses on other subjects such as soil utilization and traffic planning, urban infrastructure, urban development, urban economics, place marketing, public finance techniques, and geographic information are provided to support students’ learning.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design General Engineering & Technology View 3 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in South Korea
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Print out after completing online application
- Personal Statement and Study Plan
- Two Letters of Recommendation from two different professors with stamp or signature on sealed envelope
- Official Bachelor's Transcript and Degree or Graduation Certificate
- Official Master's Transcript and Degree or Graduation Certificate
- A Copy of the Applicant's Passport
- Copies of both parents' passports
- Official document indicating parent-child relationship between the applicant and parents
- Financial Certification
- Additional materials required to applicants for programs in Fine Arts, Music, Physical Education, Music Education Major or Fine Arts Education Major
International7086 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3543 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Seoul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.