The Strategic Human Resource Management and Labour Relations programme of the University of Gothenburg connects with current research in the field and relates to topics such as social change, globalisation, the establishment of employment and company staffing, new forms of employment, recruitment and the reorganisation of HR functions, to mention a few. Students also receive crucial training in scientific work, both through courses in scientific method and theory that prepare them for their own independent study project i.e. the Master´s thesis.
The research- and teaching team is interdisciplinary and involve researchers from a number of fields, such as Business Administration, Sociology and Work Science.
Pedagogical ideas and methods
This Master's Programme departs from the pedagogical approach of student-centered learning, which means that the programme promotes learning activities that enable students to gain new knowledge through active participation.
In addition to more traditional lectures and seminars, learning activities include compulsory group work where the results of the group's work are presented both in writing and orally. Group work requires collegiality, active participation and assuming responsibility as well as producing independent academic texts.
The goal of this Master is to develop the students' ability to translate goals into strategies and activities, and provide the latest research, practice and methods in HRM.
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Research Theories and Methods
- Human Resource Management in a Societal Perspective
- Strategies for Building Robust Collaboration Cultures
- Human Resource and Management Work Placement
- Sustainable Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInternational Relations Management Studies Human Resource Management View 65 other Masters in Management Studies in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree in HRM and Labour Relations or equivalent is required, corresponding to at least 180 higher education credits
- Equivalent degrees include Bachelor's degree in Social Science or Business Administration
- Proficiency in English. English 6/ English course B from Swedish Upper Secondary School, with a minimum of passed mark. Alternatively, the required IELTS or TOEFL score for current application period
- Letter of intent
International8556 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17113 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Full education cost: 174 000 SEK
- No fees are charged for EU and EEA citizens, Swedish residence permit holders and exchange students.
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.