Drawing from ideas and theories from sociology, political science, economics, history, social work, geography and more. Labour Studies also studies labour and social justice movements to assess their demands for workplace, social and political change. This is because students of Labour Studies are not content just to interpret the world; they want to change it! This program is available at McMaster University.
Changing structures and dynamics of work in a global era; unions, social movements and change; labour markets and the state; gendered and racialized work; the political economy of workplace health and safety; labour and First Nations; labour and the environment.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Organizational Behaviour
- Settlement of Industrial Disputes
- Social Welfare I: General Introduction
- Social Work and Social Welfare: Anti-Oppressive Perspectives
- Sports, Work And Labour
- Work and Racism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 30 other Masters in Social Work in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students start in the Social Sciences Level 1 program and apply to the Labour Studies BA Program at the end of their first year. Students must complete the requirements of a Level 1 program including two Level 1 Labour Studies courses
- Enrolment in the BA is limited. Selection is based on academic achievement, but requires, as a minimum, completion of any Level 1 program with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.5 including a grade of C- or greater in one of LABST 1A03 or 1C03
- Students who have completed only 3 units of Level I Labour Studies may be considered for conditional admission if space is available and are encouraged to apply
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.