Economics programme at the University of Basel explain the behavior of individuals under different conditions and analyze social interactions within and between institutions such as producers (companies) and consumers (households). In addition, they deal with the behavior of state organs - ie politicians, administrators and stakeholders - in different political systems and are able to In addition to this political-scientific perspective, state intervention in the economy and society should also be assessed on the basis of so-called welfare criteria. They show how concrete analysis concepts and quantitative methods can be used to create interesting decision-making foundations in companies and politics for almost all questions.
- An economics degree opens up a wide range of job opportunities in the private and public sectors:
- Entrepreneurial and economic activities are usually found in service companies (controlling, marketing, human resources, organization, etc.), banking and insurance, trade, finance and industry.
- Jobs with macroeconomic and thus more economic tasks (economic, social, regional and monetary policy, foreign economic and competition policy, health economics, etc.) are found in research institutes, banks, associations, in administration and trade unions, in the media and in international organizations.
- In addition, the higher education for economics at economics schools, commercial and commercial vocational schools as well as in the training and further education into consideration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Finance, Controlling and Banking
- International Trade, Growth and the Environment
- Labor Economics, Human Resources and Organization
- Markets and Public Policy
- Marketing and Strategic Management
- Monetary Economics and Financial Markets
- Quantitative Methods
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Students with a university degree in quantitative and qualitative terms from the University of Basel's Bachelor of Arts in Business and Economics are admitted to the Master's program without any requirements. Other degrees are evaluated for equivalence and may be subject to conditions.
International1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- CHF 850 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.