What makes this programme unique?
Located in the dynamic Öresund Region, the Sport in Society (One-Year) programme from Malmö University is linked to Malmö's urban environment and its position as a multicultural, innovative and sustainable city. Throughout the programme, both Scandinavian and international contexts are used as case studies, and the programme is carried out in close collaboration with industry partners and external organisations.
The programme strives to offer an international classroom environment and bring together students from different backgrounds and experiences. This allows students to deepen their knowledge and gain an overview based on the academic backgrounds and practical experience of other students. This will allow the students to work transculturally in their future professions.
- Sport in Society - to Address Challenges
- Globalisation, Sport and Health
- Sport Governance – from Local to International Level
- Perspectives on Sport in a Changing World
- Sport and Sustainable Development
- Research Methods in Sport Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 6 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Malmö University and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor degree with at least 180 credits or an equivalent foreign degree, a minimum of 90 credits in sport science, sport studies, sport and exercise science, sport management, sport business, human movement studies, kinesiology, physical education, sport politics, sport coaching, sport psychology, public health, exercise and nutrition, recreation management or equivalent.
- The equivalent of English B / English 6 in Swedish secondary school.
International7874 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7874 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Full tuition Fee: 80.000 SEK
Living costs for Malmö
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.