In the Chemistry programme at the University of Basel, a first specialization is possible, which can then be deepened in doctoral studies by dealing with current issues.
Chemists work in basic research, in the development of new processes and products, in production, in analytics, in documentation and patenting, in food control, in the judicial-scientific service, in clinical laboratories (clinical chemistry), in consulting and in environmental protection , at secondary and technical colleges as well as university colleges.
In recent years, many smaller, innovative chemical and biotechnology companies have emerged, which enormously enrich the job market. Also, the desire to be self-employed can be realized more easily than it used to be.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biologically oriented chemistry ("Life Sciences")
- Heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysis
- Sustainability and Energy (Sustainable Chemistry)
- Computer-aided chemistry
- Supramolecular chemistry
- Chemical physics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The admission to the master’s degree program follows a motion presented by the examination commission of the faculty, in which it recommends to the rectorate to either allow or deny the admission.
- In the event that a bachelor’s degree only partially fulfills the requirements listed in the master’s study regulations, the admission can be issued contingent on the student taking certain classes in the bachelor degree program.
International1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1596 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 798 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- CHF 850 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.