This Environmental Sciences master's degree offered at Ca' Foscari University of Venice provides you with an elevated qualification and specialisation in the following fields:
- the application of investigative methodologies and the design of recovery operations and environmental rehabilitation;
- the evaluation of environmental resources;
- the regional management and planning of coastal marine systems;
- the evaluation and management of climate change issues and the dynamics of the Earth system as well as environmental interest technologies and cleaner products and processes.
The programme incorporates both laboratory and field experiments of an interdiscplinary nature and offers international internship opportunities. You also produce a final thesis.
Launching your career
As a graduate, you will be a highly qualified specialist capable of tackling the prevention, diagnosis and resolution of environmental issues thanks to the multi-disciplinary skill set with which this programme will have equipped you. You will be ready to assume a position of responsibility in project and facilities management, and some possible career paths include:
- Environmental change expert
- Agriculture and forestry management expert
Through a broad range of lectures and laboratories held both on the university campus and in the field, the programme's study plan prepares you to be a professional capable of working in the prevention, diagnosis, evaluation, management and/or resolution of environmental problems, whether locally, nationally or globally.
The programme offers you three paths, or curricula, to choose from:
- Global Change and Sustainability (fully taught in English)
- Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services (taught in Italian)
- Monitoring and Environmental Rehabilitation (taught in Italian) The English-taught curriculum dedicated to Global Change and Sustainability focuses on preparing you to analyse major changes on a global scale, with particular reference to climate change.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Ca' Foscari will receive applications for the academic year until May 3 for NON-EU students and June 21 for EU students and the application procedure will take place entirely online.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 35 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy certain curricular requirements. You therefore need to have:
a bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Biotechnologies; Biology; Agriculture and Forestry; Environmental Sciences; or Earth Sciences OR
60 ECTS in selected study fields For more specific information, please check the programme's official web page or contact us!
- For the English-taught Global Change and Sustainability curriculum, you need a certified B2-level knowledge of English.
- For the Italian-taught curricula, you must have certified B2-level knowledge of both Italian and English.
- A Teaching Committee must assess your CV to make sure you have adequate personal preparation.
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2157 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2157 EUR per year during 24 months.
- To make education as affordable as possible to all, Ca' Foscari offers tuition fee reductions to students coming from non-OECD countries, with fees sometimes as low as 700 euro per year. Contact us for more information.
Living costs for Venice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
As a public university in Europe, Ca' Foscari not only keeps tuition fees low, but also provides targeted financial aid for high-achieving international students. Ca' Foscari University offers high-achieving international students renewable scholarship packages of various sizes, ranging from 6,500 euro a year for bachelor's students to 8,000 euro a year for master's students.
These scholarship packages are designed to offer support for the full duration of an award-winner's degree.
To be eligible to apply, you will need a minimum 8.5/10 CGPA. Complete information about the requisites and procedures to apply are at the dedicated webpage.
The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.