At the conclusion of the Master of Arts in Sociology at University of Iceland, the student shall be able to demonstrate knowledge, ability and skills beyond that achieved at the previous level, as listed below:
- The student has broadened end deepened his/her knowledge of sociology.
- The student shall have acquired a systematic understanding of the most recent knowledge and research methods.
- The student has acquired a deeper knowledge of the applied uses of sociology in a particular field.
- The student is familiar with the main research methods in his/her area of concentration.
- The student is familiar with the presumptions and concepts of social scientific methodology.
- The student is familiar with different research methods within sociology.
- The student has acquired a broader overview of his/her area of expertise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Youth and adolescence: Crime, health and leisure
- Globalization, working life and diversity
- Health and Inequality
- Crime in Iceland
- Crime and Social Deviance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Nordic citizens are exempt and may apply for graduate studies until 15 April.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
BA, B.Ed, BS degree with First Class grades or equivalent.Students not holding a BA degree in Sociology are required to take three undergraduate courses in Sociology or have completed equivalent courses: Methodology: Social Science Research Methods., Statistics I: Introduction and a course in Socilogical Theory.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students at the University of Iceland do not pay tuition fees, only an annual registration fee of ISK 75,000 (477 EUR)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.