The faculty offers diverse academic programmes in Asian studies, Nordic languages, the major European and American languages in addition to classical languages.
The Master of Arts in Literature, Culture and Media at University of Iceland covering the following subjects are offered:
- Asian studies: Japanese and Chinese
- Nordic languages: Danish and Swedish
- Major European and American languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish
- Classical languages: Greek and Latin (a key to European culture from the beginning)
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Ancestry of English Words
- The Americas: Languages and Cultures
- Introduction to Culture and Communication
- Multicultural Literature in North America
- Women Crimes Writers and Films
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Nordic citizens are exempt and may apply for graduate studies until 15 April and for undergraduate studies until 5 June.
DisciplinesLiterature Media Studies & Mass Media
BA-, B.Ed or a BS-degree with first grade average. A BA-, B.Ed or a BS-essay in the undergraduate programme is a requirement for entering the MA.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The University of Iceland does not charge tuition fees, but the annual registration fee is currently ISK 75,000(535EUR).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.