The faculty offers diverse academic programmes in Asian studies, Nordic languages, the major European and American languages in addition to classical languages.
The Master of Arts in Literature, Culture and Media at University of Iceland covering the following subjects are offered:
- Asian studies: Japanese and Chinese
- Nordic languages: Danish and Swedish
- Major European and American languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish
- Classical languages: Greek and Latin (a key to European culture from the beginning)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Ancestry of English Words
- The Americas: Languages and Cultures
- Introduction to Culture and Communication
- Multicultural Literature in North America
- Women Crimes Writers and Films
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Nordic citizens are exempt and may apply for graduate studies until 15 April.
DisciplinesLiterature Media Studies & Mass Media
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
BA-, B.Ed or a BS-degree with first grade average. A BA-, B.Ed or a BS-essay in the undergraduate programme is a requirement for entering the MA.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students at the University of Iceland do not pay tuition fees, only an annual registration fee of ISK 75,000 (477 EUR)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.