On completion of the Master of Science in Computational Engineering at University of Iceland, the student can demonstrate knowledge, skills and competence as detailed below:
- The knowledge of the student covers those disciplines that are required to carry the professional title of an engineer in Iceland.
- The student has understanding of recent knowledge within the fields of mathematics and computer science that is most applicable to the task of constructing computational models within some specific discipline, e.g. physics, economics or biology.
- The student has mastered concepts and tasks within some specific discipline, and has experience of cooperating with experts within such a field on the construction of computational models.
- The student has deeper understanding of the limitations of computational models and possible consequences of these limitations.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Data Mining
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Applied Linear Statistical Models
- Time Series Analysis
- Nonlinear Optimization
- Machine Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Nordic citizens are exempt and may apply for graduate studies until 15 April.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 6 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Iceland
BS degree in engineering, mathematics, physics or computer science, if the grade point average is 6.5 or higher, from the Faculty, or comparable.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Students at the University of Iceland do not pay tuition fees, only an annual registration fee of ISK 75,000 (477 EUR)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.