Accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP), successful completion will enable you to register as a professional practitioner with the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Animal Therapy (ACPAT) and the Register of Animal Musculoskeletal Practitioners (RAMP).
The Veterinary Physiotherapy course from Hartpury College provides the ideal environment for your training, with specialist expertise in canine and equine veterinary physiotherapy, as well as health, welfare, behavior and performance.
You’ll benefit from access to real-world cases and technologies in our canine and equine therapy centres, as well as laboratories kitted out with the latest scientific equipment.
Work placements and experience
Work placements form an essential part of your qualification to help prepare you for professional practice. In total, you’ll undertake 200 hours in the workplace, some hours working as part of our campus businesses and others as with veterinary practices and qualified Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Animal Therapy (ACPAT) practitioners. We’ll support you to find suitable placements, utilising our connections with accredited ACPAT providers.
Chartered Society of Physiotherapy-accredited
- Comparative and Applied Anatomy, Physiotherapy and Biomechanics
- Understand Veterinary Diagnostics and Physiotherapy Assessment
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Veterinary Medicine Animal Sciences View 484 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- Applicants should have at least a 2:1 in BSc (hons) Physiotherapy, registered with the Health Care and Professions Council as well as the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. By the time of enrolment, students need to be a category B member of ACPAT. Students with 2:2 and relevant experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- A minimum of one-year postgraduate experience of working as a human physiotherapist is desirable but not essential.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Gloucester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.