The EUROPHOTONICS - Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics and Biophotonics programme of the Aix-Marseille University aims at giving an extensive two-year teaching program from fundamentals to advanced research topics in Photonics and its interdisciplinary applications.
Master students benefiting from this program will be able to work on today’s new challenges in their academic or applied research carriers : understanding and control matter and optical phenomena at the ultimate nanometric scale, providing new imaging tools for the most complex biological processes from cells and tissues to clinical applications, bringing original tools in line with future optical devices.
This two years master program is organized by three groups of institutions : Paul Cézanne Aix Marseille III University (France), Universität Karlsruhe (TH) / Karlsruhe School of Optics & Photonics (Germany), Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya/Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona/ University of Barcelona/ICFO (Institut de Ciences Fotoniques) (Spain).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals in Optics
- Physics for Photonics
- Light Emission, Laser Sources
- Imaging & Systems in Optics
- Advanced Electromagnetics
- Nonlinear Optics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The students who want to apply to the program at the M1 level must hold a “Bachelor” or “Licence” degree corresponding to, at least, 180 ECTS (validated for European students or Partner countries), in the fields of: physics, engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physical chemistry, applied physics
- Applicants must possess a solid academic background in the general fields of physics
- Most applicants are currently enrolled for their last year or session of a BSc or BEng program or equivalent. In this case, the original version of the diploma will be asked after selection
- A strong command of written and oral English is therefore requested. Applicants will have to demonstrate during application an English language proficiency equivalent to level B2
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Karlsruhe: 1,500€/semester - Non-EU students
- Barcelona: 1.383€/semester, 2.075€/semester for Partner country
- Vilnius: 2.250€/semester both EU,Non-EU
Living costs for Marseille
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.