Supported by our world-leading physics research, you’ll have the opportunity to broaden and deepen your knowledge through studying a range of topics taught by researchers who are actively working in those fields.
The diverse choice of optional modules means you can focus your studies on your own interests. Alternatively, we offer five suggested pathways focused on individual specialisms:
Quantum Condensed Matter
Bio Soft Matter Physics
Physics with Business
Physics Applied to Medicine
You’ll also undertake an advanced and extensive research project in one of the School of Physics and Astronomy’s internationally recognised research groups. This will enable you to develop advanced skills in research planning, execution and reporting, possibly leading to publication of your work in an international journal. This will help to prepare you to progress to PhD study, or to work in an industrial or other business-related area.
The Physics programme from University of Leeds will give you the edge to find the career you want. Your course will give you the experience and knowledge that employers are looking for to help you secure a job.
The University of Leeds is in the top five most targeted universities in the UK by graduate recruiters, according to High Fliers’ The Graduate Market in 2021 report.
The specialist pathways offered by this course (in astrophysics, bionanophysics, soft matter physics, condensed matter physics, quantum technology, optical materials or medical imaging) allow you to tailor your Masters degree and focus on a particular area of research expertise according to your interests and future career aspirations.
- Current Research Topics in Physics
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Radionuclide Imaging
- Medical X-ray imaging
- X-ray Computed Tomography
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry Biology View 485 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with 2:1 (hons) in physics or a related subject (such as geophysics, natural sciences, or mathematics).
- Applicants with engineering degrees will normally not be considered, unless they have a strong background in at least two of the following areas: astrophysics, quantum physics, biophysics, soft matter, or condensed matter.
- Applicants with a chemistry degree will normally not be considered, unless they have a strong background in mathematics.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.