We emphasise the application of computational and experimental methods, and packages in mechanical engineering analysis, design and manufacture to solve complex engineering problems. You will be supported in developing advanced engineering skills, selecting particular modules based on your own background and will also choose from a wide variety of modules that allow you to tailor your studies to suit your own interests or career ambitions.
Gain a wide range of knowledge and skills that will prepare you for an exciting and challenging career.
Be taught in world-class facilities by researchers who are making breakthroughs in their fields.
Participate in a team design project and the individual professional project, using multi-disciplinary approaches to achieve a solution to a programme specific and industry relevant design problem.
The Advanced Mechanical Engineering course from University of Leeds will give you the edge to find the career you want. Your course will give you the experience and knowledge that employers are looking for to help you secure a job.
University of Leeds students are among the top 5 most targeted by top employers according to The Graduate Market 2022, High Fliers’ Research.
By the time that you graduate from this MSc you will be an all-rounded mechanical engineering. You will have had the opportunity to not only study advanced engineering skills, but will have had the option to study modules from across the different areas of the discipline, opening up career opportunities across different sectors of mechanical engineering such as robotics, aerospace, automotive, design and manufacture, biomedical or even academia.
- Professional Project
- Team Design Project
- Design Optimisation
- Engineering Computational Methods
- Energy Systems, Policy and Economics for Engineers
- Tribology and Surface Engineering
- Engineering Psychology and Human Factors
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in a related engineering discipline. Successful applicants will have strong grades in relevant modules including advanced mathematics, fluid mechanics, strength of materials and dynamics. We may ask for further detailed module information if these are not clear on your transcript. Some optional modules will also require studies covering thermodynamics but this is not essential to gain entry onto the course.
- All applicants will need to have GCSE English Language at grade C or above, or an appropriate English language qualification.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.