You’ll develop advanced knowledge in key areas such as reaction engineering, product development, process modelling and simulation, and pharmaceutical formulation or energy technology.
The Advanced Chemical Engineering course at University of Leeds has been designed to provide greater depth in aspects of advanced chemical engineering and a range of up-to-date process technologies. These will enable you to design, operate and manage processes and associated manufacturing plants, and to provide leadership in innovation, research and development and technology transfer.
This course is suitable for chemical engineering graduates. If you have an undergraduate degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline such as chemistry, you might be interested in our Chemical Process Engineering MSc.
There is a wide range of career opportunities in the chemical and allied industries in process engineering, process design and research and development as well as in finance and management. Our graduates have secured positions at companies such as:
- ASM Technologies
- National Nuclear Industry
- Hollister-Stier Laboratories
- National Centre of Science and Technology Evaluation
- Worley Parsons
This course is accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Project
- Chemical Products Design and Development
- Multi-Scale Modelling and Simulation
- Advances in Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Reaction Processes
- Batch Process Engineering
- Advanced Reaction Engineering
- Nuclear Operations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor degree with a minimum of 2:1 (hons) in chemical engineering. Applicants must have strong marks across a breadth of relevant modules, including mathematics and physical sciences.
- Applicants with a high 2.2 will be considered on an individual basis where they can demonstrate competence in specific modules and/or with relevant professional industrial experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.