The Master Programme in Euroculture at Uppsala University is a two-year, multi-university Master's programme focused on the study of modern European society, politics and culture in a global context. We work in particular with questions of cultural identities and social values that play such a vital role in today's debates about Europe and its place in the world.
Our interdisciplinary approach combines coursework in at least two countries. We will prepare you to make a difference in fields like diplomacy, international business, journalism, cultural management, and the European institutions.
Euroculture graduates have gone on to careers in cultural management, government, research, journalism, policy-making, international business, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and the European institutions; as well as to PhD level study in many fields in the humanities and social sciences.
There is growing need for professionals able to understand cultural exchanges and conflicts. This is highlighted by the prominent role played by cultural issues in debates on virtually every aspect of European political, social, and economic life, all in the context of the complex economic and cultural processes we call globalisation.
Euroculture will prepare you to answer the demand that exists today for sensitive and well-informed professionals to address these issues in fields such as:
- project management
- cultural consultancy
- Historical and Religious Perspectives
- Legal and Political Perspectives
- Research seminar reflecting the specialties of that university
- Methodology seminar including preparation for the Intensive Programme
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early bird (recommended): 1 March
- Second application round: 1 April last deadline for non-EU/EEA applicants
- Third application round: 1 May
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies European Studies View 7 other Masters in European Studies in Sweden
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.
- All applicants need to verify English language proficiency that corresponds to English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden ("English 6").
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2250 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.