What will I learn?
Active learning is at the heart of our degree in Education at Thompson Rivers University . By participating in classroom discussions and readings, guided inquiry and independent study, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of new teaching techniques.
- Learn to design and assess new curriculum
- Learn to conduct original research in applied settings
- Learn about current issues in education
- Develop problem-solving abilities
- Master the skills required to complete a research project in a variety of applied settings
Jobs you will be qualified for include:
- Business analysts and project managers in education
- Corporate trainer
- Curriculum developer
- Digital learning and development manager
- Educational consultant, coordinator, or director
- Instructional designers and editors
- International student recruiter
- Marketing and communications editors and writers
- Post-secondary instructors (online and on campus)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Research Methods
- Philosophy and History of Education
- Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
- Diversity: Constructing Social Realities
- Principles and Processes of Educational Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Educational Psychology View 15 other Masters in Educational Research in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent
Applicants who did not complete their undergraduate degree from an English language university normally must have one of the following to enter the M.Ed. program:
- a minimum TOEFL score of 570 with a TWE of 4.5 or higher (paper-based test).
- a minimum TOEFL 230 with an Essay of 4.5 or higher (computer-based test).
- a minimum TOEFL (IBT) 88 with no section below 20.
- IELTS of at least 6.5 with no bands below 6.5.
- CAEL of at least 70 with no subtest below 60.
- Successful completion (or exemption) of TRU ESAL Level 5.
- Official copy of educational transcripts for all post-secondary education (in original language and a certified copy in English) or a letter of permission from the student's home institution.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17520 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8760 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National17520 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8760 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Kamloops
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.