Choose from three program completions (thesis, project or capstone) and take up to five years to complete all degree requirements.Take either on-campus or through distance education (online) courses. Also, if you are a domestic student, you can choose part- or full-time study. However, If you are an international student, you must take three courses per term to maintain your full-time status.
MEd instructors are drawn from a range of professional fields, supporting several areas of study: educational leadership, curriculum, counselling, and inclusive and special education.
Experiential learning is at the heart of our MEd program. You participate in classroom discussions and readings, guided inquiry, and independent study. Analyzing information, utilizing data in professional settings and exploring various methods of research presentation are all key components of the program.
The Education programme at Thompson Rivers University has been designed for maximum choice by students. As such, there are no streams, majors, minors, or specialisms in the TRU MEd. After completing the core courses, students select from across the elective courses.
Designed for students who wish to assume positions as educational leaders and capable researchers, who work in a variety of roles in education, health care, private industry and government.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Research Methods
- Philosophy and History of Education
- Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
- Diversity: Constructing Social Realities
- Principles and Processes of Educational Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Educational Psychology View 13 other Masters in Educational Research in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent
- Applicants who did not complete their undergraduate degree from an English language university normally must have one of the following to enter the M.Ed. program:
- a minimum TOEFL score of 570 with a TWE of 4.5 or higher (paper-based test)
- a minimum TOEFL 230 with an Essay of 4.5 or higher (computer-based test)
- a minimum TOEFL (IBT) 88 with no section below 20
- IELTS of at least 6.5 with no bands below 6.5
- CAEL of at least 70 with no subtest below 60
- Successful completion (or exemption) of TRU ESAL Level 5
- Official copy of educational transcripts for all post-secondary education
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International875 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 875 CAD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National505 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 505 CAD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- International student: $4,325/semester
- Domestic student: $1,145.80/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.