The increasingly globalized, digitalized, and specialized society we live in today poses a number of complex challenges: fostering inclusion, equality and diversity in fast-changing work environments, ensuring and strengthening mental wellbeing in the light of online harassment and information overload, or for example listening and being heard in an arena of many competing voices.
Communication is key in meeting challenges
The Communication programme of the University of Gothenburg empowers you to grow as an independent, critical researcher and skilled professional, able to navigate the intricate dimensions of intercultural, organizational, and digital communication.
One programme—three areas of specialization
Insights and perspectives from disciplines such as media and communication studies, linguistics, organization and management research, informatics, pedagogy, and sociology foster in-depth understanding of communication as a field of research and practice. You can choose an educational path that interests you after gaining advanced knowledge and skills in three areas of specialization:
- Intercultural communication explores the influence of culture on communication in areas of application ranging from business to cooperation and conflict.
- Organizational communication focuses on issues, approaches to, and challenges of communication within organizations, and between organizations and external stakeholders.
- Digital communication examines the role of digital technologies in communication—how they shape communication and how we can use them to study communication.
- Theories of Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Research Methods in Communication
- Communication Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Management Studies Digital Communication View 62 other Masters in Management Studies in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree of 180 credits or corresponding
- Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS
- Statement of Intent
International13665 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27330 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Full education cost: 298,000 SEK
- No fees are charged for EU and EEA citizens, Swedish residence permit holders and exchange students
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.